Thursday, February 3, 2011

MAKING LIVES SWEETER WORLDWIDE


Born and raised in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, Megan “Cupcake Meg” Schmidt always had dreams of one day contributing to the world in a big way." That is the way the Bio portion of CupcakeMeg.com begins. I was first introduced to this fundraising initiative via twitter through mutual friends of Meg and my own that attended Hampton U in VA. So in my exploration of what CupcakeMeg really was I found myself admiring this girl who is the same age as me, who's main goal in life is to help those in need. Specifically children in developing countries. What first drew me to the site were these adorable T-shirts my friends had begun wearing. At first I went to the site because I really wanted a T-shirt. But after I read what it was all about I had a renewed sense of pride in my generation. That there are still good people in the world who care about people other than themselves. I am waiting for the "SHOP" section of the website to become up and running so I can buy myself a Tee. But if you live in New York, the next time you are in Brooklyn, stop by Swagger360 (887 Fulton Street btwn Vanderbilt and Clinton Avenues) and cop yourself a Tee for a good cause.I say thats not to shabby for a girl from brooklyn who hustled cupcakes from her dorm...not to shabby at all. I'll be sure to post me in my Tee when I get it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment