Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy Highlights and Lowlights



So last night was the grammy's. and I must say I was disappointed. For the most part the fashion was boring. (come on usher, you looked like you were going to the mall.) Bieber looked adorbz in his White tux. And of course Rihanna wore some eye popping monstrosity that had heads turning. I was most disappointed in Lady Gaga, who not only looked a whole hot mess, but gave a very lack luster performance. I expected so much more from her after her MTV awards antics and stellar performances. She half redeemed herself with the insane half suit jacket half leotard ensemble paired with thigh high boots, and this hat I LOVED!!!! but still GAGA you have failed me.
Katy Perry brought along Grandma who was killing it with her bedazzled cane, and valentino dress and bolero. Katy was very valentine's themed with her hearts and glitter "firework" performance and the cupid wings she rocked on the red carpet. Nicki Minaj had Leopard hair...yea. Solidifying all the reasons why I love her. Snooki and drake had a interesting flirtatious moment on the carpet. Then she asked him if he "smushed" Rihanna. His face = priceless. (p.s Drizzy. CUT YOUR HAIR!!, you had the freshest cut in the game. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME REGRET LOVING YOU LIKE I DO.)

I have no words for the following people. Ceelo (Tucan Sam) Green, Janelle ( I only have 1 suit) Monae, and Dr. (It took me 30 minutes to peel this leather jacket on) Dre. I will say that Janelle is starting to grow on me. She still irks me though.

Biggest upset by far had to be that the Biebs walked away empty handed. There was a resounding "WHO????" that echoed throughout numerous households when Esparanza Spalding walked away with the coveted "Best New Artist" award.
My FAVORITE PERFORMANCES go to (In this order) 1. Joleen (Dolly P. tribute) performed by Nora Jones, John Mayer and Keith Urban. 2. Bruno Mars- Grenade ( HE HAS GOT TO RELEASE THAT VERSION!!) 3. Justin Bieber & Jayden Smith (ITS JUST SO MUCH ADORABLE-NESS!!!) 4. Christina A, J-Hud, Martina McBride, and Yolanda Adams Aretha Franklin Tribute. Christina gives me goose bumps, even if she doesn't know the words to the national anthem....and finally, 4. Rihanna & Eminem ( while it was great, Im just really OVER that song.)

My "REALLY?!?!" moment came from Lady Antebellum's "Tribute" to Teddy Pendergrass. A tribute which included the chorus to "If you don't know me by now." .....then ended. I like Lady Antebellum, "Need you know" was my jam. But singing 1 line of a 1 line chorus does NOT constitute as a tribute!! so.. REALLY LADY ANTEBELLUM?!?! REALLY!!?!?!?. And thats all I have to say about that. (Forrest Gump voice)
All in all, this years Grammy's was a #FAIL.

The Emmy's is up next. I can't say I have high hopes. I guess MTV is running the award show game these days..... #sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment